Power Dialer Software is a proprietary software, which is why it has many limitations and restrictions. The free trial offers a limited amount of dialing, a little over two hours of calling, unlimited numbers of extensions, and ten number database. If you want more options than the trial allows for then you will have to pay for it.
Key Features of Power Dialer Software
- Manage all of your phone lines from one user interface. You can dial, transfer, and use features that manage your phone numbers such as transferring and calling between assignments.
- Transfer calls quickly and easily between telephone numbers using the Call Queue function.
- Manage Calling Groups and Call Lists for different call types such as regular calls, hold or transfer calls in a single program.
- Map your phone system to adjust the call center speed and switch between extensions easily. This can be useful when you have multiple extension options on your phone system.
- Control when and how calls are placed through Auto-Attendant features such as Auto Prompt, or having features that record a message to be played to callers on the line after they have been transferred (or hung-up)
- Schedule transfers or dial those numbers whenever you need them with the Call Scheduler feature .
- Create missed call notifications (or missed calls) to send emails and SMS text messages to the users, when they don’t answer the phone.
- Add new extensions or replace existing extensions for your call center agents easily.
- Use 3-way conference calls between different agents, or transfer to one of those agents and manage all of your telephone numbers from one easy interface .
- Power Dialer Programming Features include: Easy Development tools that can be used with built-in programming languages such as Visual Basic.
Power Dialer is a proprietary software, which is why it has many limitations and restrictions. The free trial offers a limited amount of dialing, a little over two hours of calling, unlimited numbers of extensions, and ten number database. If you want more options than the trial allows for then you will have to pay for it.
Types of Power Dialer Software
- Choosing the Power Dialer options that are useful to you.
- Adding the relevant power dialer phone numbers to your database with extensions and transfer options.
- Recording a message that callers will hear when they are connected to your power dialer system or caught in the auto attendant of your phone system*
- Entering in the names, addresses, and contact information for callers so you can identify who you are talking to before you need to transfer them (or hang-up) in order to direct them appropriately.
Advantages of Power Dialer Software
- The main advantage of power dialer is the ability to manage your calls and routes them to different agents based on the caller’s information including current location. This can be useful for companies that want to reduce overhead costs and only pay for a call center when they need it.
- Transferring calls between extensions and agents can be as easy as pressing one button, which means you can save time and money with faster transfer times .
- Power Dialer features can be set up to send automated messages to callers based on certain triggers such as being on hold or reaching a certain amount of time on the line.
- Power Dialer can help a business save money without sacrificing service by managing and monitoring calls and only paying for the time spent making calls .
- Power Dialer helps manage your call center, so it pays for itself in saved time alone .
How to choose the Power Dialer Software
- You need to know what calls you want to manage using a Power Dialer, whether it be numbers that are transferred or call lines on your phone system.
- You need to determine how many agents you plan on having per agent and how many extensions you require per number.
- You will also need to determine how often your agents may need to use their phones and whether they can support transferring between numbers or the call center.
- How you will use the software, such as using power dialer for internal calls, external calls, or both.
- How many numbers you will add to your power dialer system and what features you want to use on the numbers such as sending mass email notifications when someone doesn’t pick up the phone .
- How much time it will take to record messages for auto attendants* and how often you think that message may change over time .
Power Dialer Software is a great solution for managing call centers, speeding up transfers and tracking your calls. Power dialer can be a good option if you need more than just basic features but you don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on more advanced call center software.
The fact that the power dialer software is proprietary, that means the program has limitations and restrictions. It is a great tool, but it doesn’t cover all of the needs in managing calls and information so businesses should look at other solutions like Ringba.