Healthy bones and joints are very important to allow easy movement. There are innumerable disorders that affect the joints and bones varying from gradually deteriorating arthritis to a traumatic hand fracture. Without the right treatment at the best orthopedic hospital in Mumbai, Delhi, or any other place, joint and bone conditions can result in disability and chronic pain. Discussed below are some of the best treatment options available for severe bone and joint disorders.
Common Bone and Joint Disorders
Joints and bones are linked with each other and function more or less the same way, but they are different from each other. The conditions that affect them are also different. The common bone disorders include fracture, osteoporosis, Paget’s disease, and scoliosis. The common joint disorders include osteoarthritis, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, and bursitis.
Bone and Joint Disorder Treatment Options
The treatment options for bone and joint disorders differ based on the underlying cause. The most common options are:
- Doctors prescribe pain medicines for pain relief. For instance, they may prescribe corticosteroids, NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs), or DMARDs (Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drugs) for arthritis pain.
- If an infection is causing joint pain, doctors will prescribe antivirals or antibiotics to reduce the symptoms.
- Bracing is another common treatment option recommended by orthopedic specialists for bone and joint disorders.
- In severe disorders caused due to arthritis or an injury, patients may be advised to undergo appropriate surgeries. They may also have to undergo a few sessions under the guidance of a physiotherapist as a part of rehabilitation.
- Bone fractures will require immediate medical attention. If the injury is severe, it may need surgery.
It is possible to manage mild pain by following some home remedies, behavioural changes, and lifestyle changes. However, if the pain and symptoms are persistent and severe, medical intervention is necessary.